Current Job Opening at the Wentworth Learning Centre
Full-Time Position (1 position available)
Level 2 Early Childhood Educator
Wage: $20.81/hr – $23.43/hr (based on experience)
Education: Early Childhood Education diploma (Level 2 required)
Hours Per Week: 40 Hours per week (Monday to Friday)
Start Date: ASAP
The Wentworth Learning Centre provides educational opportunities and programming for the advancement of life-long learning and the well-being of the Wentworth community and surrounding rural areas.
The Wentworth Learning Childcare Centre is a licensed and provincially regulated childcare centre. We are currently accepting applications for a full-time Level 2 Early Childhood Educator to assist with planning, developing and conducting learning programs for our current child care program. The successful candidate will also be responsible for program planning and carrying out the centre’s daily routines.
A successful candidate would:
- Possess the ability to develop and implement child care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children aged 18 months-5 years.
- Ensure that all relevant legislative requirements are met with 100% compliance.
- Motivates staff through personal example regarding client relations, centre cleanliness, program development, classroom leadership, health and staff relations;
- Oversee staff development through on-going training, performance appraisals, discipline and fair and consistent leadership;
- Promotes open communication and teamwork with the Wentworth Learning Centre’s board members, including the President and Childcare Committee Head.
- Ensure the centre is ready for business with all necessary supplies and equipment such as arts and crafts, large furnishings, cleaning supplies, office equipment and children’s toys;
- Maintains enrolment expectations through on-going communication with all families;
- Resolves parent complaints through excellence in customer service and efficient follow up;
- Accurately performs administrative tasks in a timely manner, examples include daily and weekly reports.
- Early Childhood Educator, Level 2
- Thorough knowledge of provincial childcare regulations including all relevant legislation, policies and procedures;
- Computer literacy, including effective working skills of MS word, Excel and E-mail;
A valid criminal record check, RCMP vulnerable sector check, child abuse registry check and First Aid certification are mandatory.
We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Applicants are invited to submit a resume and accompanying cover letter via the following options:
In Person: 13371 Highway 4, Wentworth, NS Mon-Fri 9am to 6pm